Sunday 13 April 2014

Spring Garden

Exbury Gardens is famous for its azaleas and camellias.
On a recent outing, I took these photographs and thought to share them with you. Below are some of the things that caught my eye - I hope you enjoy them as much as we did as we wondered the garden delighting in all it had on display for us. There isnt much narrative. A picture is worth a thousand words!






There are always lots of azaleas.


I have never managed a good close-up, showing the colours correctly. It has always eluded me till this attempt.


There are a few streams running through the garden that have been sculpted into picturesque scenes.


At the bottom of the garden is the Beaulieu river where there are some wilder areas including this grassy edge.


I loved the way the bark, ivy and moss combined to make this image. 


A little island of tranquility!


Reflections on the pond.


The resurgence of this fern gives us a promise of what is yet to come.


 I seemed to have a "white" flower day...  The geometry of this one was amazing.





There were yellow blooms in clumps wherever there was wet ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment